Up Close & Personal
with Daniel Burns & Jeppe Jarnit-Bjergsø
- Celebrating their new book: Food & Beer
- Interview conducted by Joshua David Stein of the New York Observer
- Monday May 30th 2016, 7:00 p.m. (Doors open 6:30 p.m.)
- At the Centre for Hospitality and Culinary Arts, 300 Adelaide St East
- $75 admission includes the new book Food & Beer (retail value $60)
- A reception and book signing will follow the conversation and Q&A
- Our reception will feature Ontario small craft brewers
It will be an evening of incredible dialog between the two authors of Food & Beer. Chef Daniel Burns, chef/owner of Luksus and Tørst will be joined by co-author Jeppe Jarnit-Bjergsø, the gypsy brewer behind Brooklyn's Evil Twin Brewing. The discussion will be led by Joshua David Stein, restaurant critic for the New York Observer.
Chef Burns, originally from Nova Scotia, has been a chef at Heston Blumenthal's Fat Duck, pastry chef at Rene Redzepi's Noma and he ran the Momofuku test kitchen for David Chang. Once the owner of a high-end beer retailer in Copenhagen, Jeppe worked with Belgium’s renowned Cantillon Brewery before creating the Evil Twin label; he has also been beer director at Noma.
The reception and tasting after the discussion will explore a great selection of craft breweries including Evil Twin Brewing. Beers being poured will include:
- From Evil Twin:
- Citra Sunshine Slacker: an American IPA-style beer
- Justin Blåbær: a Berliner Weissbier-style beer
- From Indie Ale House:
- Ritual Madness: a Belgian Flanders Red (sour) ale
- Couch Surfer: a light IPA
- From Beau's:
- Lug Tread: a Lagered Golden Ale
- Tyrannosaurus Gruit: a Red Gruit ale
- From Left Field:
- Eephus Oatmeal Brown Ale: an American Brown Ale
- Sunlight Park Saison: a tart and refreshing Saison
- Great Lakes Brewing and Side Launch Brewing Company will also be providing beers for tasting.
Food & Beer is a compelling exploration of a new culinary frontier with the authors sparking the global conversation about food and beer pairing and raising the bar to a remarkable new level, to be released on May 16. Come hear these two culinary artists discuss their craft and be one of the first to have a copy!